Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 1: Marmalade

1:00 am. Can't sleep. Must draw.

As you can see, I haven't picked up a pencil or pen in ages. Work does that sometimes and I find myself a ball of nerves and stressed, forgetting what is most important in life: expressing creativity, being with friends, laughter, love ... all those good stuff that makes every day worthwhile. Like a little light of hope, Serena Lewis posted her pen drawings as part of a 75-day sketching challenge on Facebook. She reminded me that despite the challenges of every day life, we need to make time for the things that fulfill us. So, I dusted off my sketchbook and found my favorite Pigma micron pen and sketched away. I feel a bit rusty at drawing and my proportions may be a bit kapukahi but on the other hand, I did find my smile. :)

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

Joan, this post brought a huge smile to my face. I'm so happy that I was able to inspire you to get back to doing what you love. You are so talented and your sketch of Marmalade is beautiful! xo